- kitchen + dining
- baby + kids
Cider Placemats | Set of Four
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Crafted in Northern India. These Placemats are Fair Trade and each purchase supports artisans of the Physically Disabled Weavers’ Initiative. Handwoven on manual looms. Enhanced with complex, raised weaving. Low-impact dyes. Set of 4.
Machine wash cold, delicate cycle. Tumble dry low. 100% cotton.
These Placemats are Fair Trade and each purchase supports artisans of the Physically Disabled Weavers’ Initiative. 100% cotton. Size 14”x20”. Set of 4.
- Green America Gold. Gold Certified Green Businesses go above and beyond the Green Business Certification, which is given to companies and organizations that meet or exceed high standards for social and environmental responsibility.
- Fair Trade Federation Member. The Federation is a trade association of fair trade enterprises fully committed to equitable and sustainable trading partnerships. They strengthen and support their members in order to grow the global movement of trade that values the health of the planet, and the labor, dignity, and equality of all people.
- Sustainable Threads works in partnership with small farmers and artisans in partnerships built on trust. This involves fair wages, safe working conditions, environmental responsibility, and more. It means their partners are empowered to build strong businesses for their families today and for future generations. Fair trade principles facilitate partnerships with artisans who in their geographic, social and/or physical circumstances have poor access to markets. As a movement, it brings the people behind their products to center-stage. All products designed and sold by Sustainable Threads are fairly traded.
- Products are made by hand, mostly at home and in small workshops and cottage industries, using tools and techniques that use little to no electricity. These are sustainable practices in terms of the physical environment as well as affecting social networks in a positive way. The work provides a platform for people coming together as a community, and on many occasions, this leads to them working on problems that affect them both as individuals and as a collective.
- Our products from Sustainable Threads are made exclusively with natural fibers from plants. These fibers are found naturally and aren’t synthetically manufactured.
- Products are compostable and can also be recycled as a textile.
These placemats go very well with cloth napkins—an eco-friendly replacement for disposable paper napkins.
Comes with a recyclable paper tag.
This product is fully compostable, including the thread which is also 100% cotton. Can also be recycled as a textile.