Organic Scrunchies | Gold Sand
Shipping calculated at checkout.
While they may have been inspired by scrunchies of the eighties, these 100% fair trade, plastic-free and biodegradable scrunchies are truly a product of the twenty-twenties. Accountable to people and planet at every stage of their life cycle, they are a waste-free solution built for a generation that expects better.
CARE: Wash cold with like colors; lay flat to dry
World's first 100% fair trade plastic-free scrunchies. Made in a GOTS & Fairtrade certified production facility that is a social-good business dedicating profits to local charities. A soft-as-silk organic cotton outer is gentle and breathable in your hair while our world-renowned plastic-free hair ties act as the inner elastic, ensuring an all-day, all-comfort hold. Just the right amount of scrunch provides volume and flair while the sophisticated and understated colors of Gold and Sand will complement and enhance any outfit.
Two scrunchies per pack: Gold & Sand.
Two scrunchies per pack: Gold & Sand.
- World's first 100% fair trade plastic-free scrunchies.
- The material is made with GOTS and Fairtrade Certified Organic Cotton. Hand dyed using GOTS certified dyes. The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the leading textile processing standard for organic fibers, including ecological and social criteria, backed up by independent third-party certification of the entire textile supply chain. This means assessing everything from the chemical inputs being used to the ethical treatment of workers.
- Dyes are also OEKO-TEX certified. OEKO-TEX® offers companies in the textile and leather industry various certificates and services with the aim of verifying the safety of products and their production processes for health and the environment. Independent OEKO-TEX® partner institutes test textiles and leather for harmful substances at all processing levels and certify the environmentally and socially responsible production conditions of production facilities. The OEKO-TEX® partner institutes are authorized to conduct tests and audits in accordance with internationally standardized guidelines. To ensure statutory conformity in consumer and environmental protection, the criteria catalog is continuously updated and expanded.
- Produced in a Fair Trade Certified facility. Fair trade is a global movement and a call for action to promote prosperity while protecting the planet. This movement is made up of a diverse network of companies, producers, consumers, advocates, and organizations. The seal indicates a product was made according to rigorous social, environmental, and economic standards including safe working conditions, environmental protection, building sustainable livelihoods, and earning additional money in order to empower and uplift communities.
- The inner material is made of 30% Natural Rubber certified by the Fair Rubber Association. The Fair Rubber Association certifies a Fair Trade premium was paid to the primary producers and ensures that even during periods of depressed world market prices, the costs of production are covered and the suppliers have a surplus. Crucially this allows them to improve their working and living conditions. The Fair Rubber Association also supports the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) set by the United Nations (UN).
- The material consisting of 30% Natural Rubber is harvested from FSC certified rubber trees. The Forest Stewardship Council works to prevent deforestation and endorses products from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits.
Material: Inner: 70% GOTS and Fairtrade Certified Organic Cotton, 30% Fair Trade Natural Rubber. Outer: 100% GOTS & Fairtrade Certified Organic Cotton. Dye: Hand dyed using GOTS & OEKO-TEX certified organic dyes.
Kooshoo replaces your regular elastic hair ties, which can take 500 years to decompose.
100% FSC Certified recycled paper backing printed with soy based ink.
The product and packaging are 100% compostable!