Swedish Dishcloths | Beach
Swedish dishcloths, also called sponge cloths, can replace up to 17 rolls of paper towels and help you to significantly reduce waste. They are an excellent paper towel alternative and are perfect for wiping spills, cleaning counters, and performing general cleaning tasks. They are safe to use on all surfaces and never leave a scratch.
These Swedish dish cloths are made with sustainably forested wood pulp and organic cotton and are free from harmful chemicals. They can absorb 20 times their weight in liquid and last 200 wash cycles. This genuine material is made in a Fair-Trade Certified facility on a river in Europe, where the freshwater is returned cleaner after going through the factory.
With these simple paper towel replacements, you can help create change. Over 100 single-use paper towel rolls are used annually by the typical American household. The production and use of conventional paper towels contribute to deforestation, chemical pollution, and landfill overflow. These reusable kitchen sponge cloths are the ideal, greener paper towel substitute and they are much more hygienic and environmentally friendly than synthetic sponges!
Use these dishcloths to clean countertops, do dishes, dust — in the kitchen and bath, and for general household chores. You can use it on granite, stainless steel, glass, wood, etc. It cleans streak-free! A Swedish Dishcloth is more efficient than paper towels, which are wasteful. One absorbs about 20 times its weight, and a single Swedish Dishcloth is able to do the job of 17 rolls of paper towels — saving trees, water and money. It's also more hygienic than sponges.
Wet your dishcloth with water and squeeze it out to make it more absorbent. You can use sprays, soap, or just water with it. You can also use it with vinegar and water. It is not for drying, but is for cleaning. It is not for use on cheese graters or other sharp items.
You can clean it in the washing machine, or in the top rack of the dishwasher. To sterilize, it can also be boiled briefly, or microwaved (when damp) for approximately one minute. You can also bleach your dishcloth. See below for more info. To air dry, hang it over the faucet, on the side of the sink, or lay flat. Do not tumble dry.
70% cellulose, 30% organic cotton.
Screen printed with water-based inks.
Connecticut, USA, designed and printed.
Size: 17 x 20 cm / 6.5 x 8 in.
- Fair Trade International Certified. Fair Trade standards provide a framework for sustainable, socially responsible, and ethical financial practices that work to improve lives and protect the environment. This organization works to share the benefits of trade more equally – through standards, certification, producer support, programs and advocacy.
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) Certified. The leading textile processing standard for organic fibers, including ecological and social criteria, backed up by independent third-party certification of the entire textile supply chain. This means assessing everything from the chemical inputs being used to the ethical treatment of workers.
- Okeo Tex Standard 100. With this label you can be certain that every component of a product has been tested for harmful substances and that the product is harmless to human health. This includes every thread, button and all accessories being evaluated for safety. The criteria catalog is updated at least once a year and expanded with new scientific knowledge or statutory requirements ensuring the high standards of the certification.
- Forest Stewardship Council Certified. This organization works to prevent deforestation and endorses products from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits.
- SCS Responsible Forestry Certified. Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) is a leading third-party certification body, which audits environmental and sustainability claims to the highest standards of performance. SCS is respected throughout the world for its integrity, scientific rigor and true independence. SCS is a founding member of the Forest Stewardship Council, and among the top FSC certifiers worldwide.
- NSF Certified. The National Sanitation Foundation protects and improves global human health, food, water, consumer products and the environment. The NSF label indicates a company complies with strict standards and procedures imposed by NSF. From extensive product testing and material analyses to unannounced plant inspections, every aspect of a product's development is thoroughly evaluated before it can earn this certification.
- Members of 1% for the Planet. Donates one percent of profits to environmental groups.
- Each Three Bluebirds Swedish Dishcloth replaces 17 rolls of paper towels.
- Funds from each purchase are used to restore 20 gallons of water to nature.